2019 Special Needs
Convenor: Michelle Woodward 905-729-2209
This section is open to anyone with a physical or developmental disability.
- All projects may be completed using hand over hand if needed.
- There is no age limit for this section; all crafts can be completed by any age person.
- One exhibitor per entry form (institutions must register each participant separately).
- All other rules of Homecraft Division apply.
NOTE: BAKING CATEGORY FOR SPECIAL NEEDS IS LISTED IN THE CULINARY SECTION – CLASS 27.
Arts & Crafts Section
PRIZES FOR SECTION 1-10: 1ST: $4.00.
2ND: $3.00. 3RD: $2.00. 4TH: $1.00
- Thanksgiving Table Decoration: Using a mason jar and wheat and/ or flowers, make a decoration for the Thanksgiving table. Use any medium to decorate the jar.
- Paper Plate Wreath – create a wreath using different mediums and a paper plate no bigger than 9” in diameter.
- Tissue Paper Art – make a Flag using tissue paper. Not to exceed 81⁄2” x 11”.
- Recycling Project – Using recycled materials (e.g. pop bottle, shoe box, tissue box (or smaller), toilet paper rolls) create an animal. Paint and other recycled material can be used to decorate your animal.
- Crayon Melt Art- Melt crayons on canvas to make a colourful masterpiece.
- Find a pine cone and using any decorations, create a bird or animal.
- Decorate a pumpkin, any medium
Photography & Flowers Section
MUST BE TAKEN BY EXHIBITOR
PHOTOS NO LARGER THAN 5”X7” AND DISPLAYED ON CONSTRUCTION PAPER. CREATIVE MOUNTING IS ENCOURAGED.
- Collection of 3 photos of any animals
- Photo of a farm animal
- Collection of flowers, displayed in a mason jar
Section Most Points
- Exhibitor with the most points in Class 33 who did not show in2017 or 2018. Prize: $10.00.