Agriculture and Livestock
General Rules For All Participants
- There will be no exhibitor’s fee in any class, but exhibitors will pay admission at the gates.
- In case of bad weather, or any unforeseen circumstances, the Society only binds itself to pay as much pro rata of prize money as is consistent with the receipts.
- Exhibits may be placed in the Exhibit Hall on Thursday, September 15, 2022 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. or on Friday, September 16, 2022 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. No late entries will be accepted. Judging commences at 12:30 p.m. All exhibits must be the work of the exhibitor.
- All hall exhibits must remain until 5:00 p.m. Saturday, September 16, 2022
- All livestock must be on the grounds and in their proper place before 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 17, 2022. They must remain on the grounds until 5:00 p.m. or prize money will be forfeited.
- All livestock exhibitors must present a Certificate of Liability Insurance for at least $1,000,000 coverage.
- All exhibits must be owned by the exhibitor. All grain, hay, seeds, vegetables, etc. must be grown by the exhibitor.
- No person shall be awarded more than one prize for any animal or kind of article, grains, vegetables, roots or produce, whether exhibited in the same class or not, except in cases of pens or herds and extra prizes.
- No person shall be entitled to exhibit the same animal for any more than one prize in any section or class except in pens, herds and extra prizes.
- No article or animal entered for competition shall necessarily entitle the owner to a premium unless deemed worthy of a prize by judges and so awarded.
- Bulls must be properly secured by ring in the nose or otherwise to prevent accidents, or they will not be allowed on the grounds.
- Suitable pens will be provided for sheep.
- No person or persons will be allowed to interfere with the judges, while in charge of their duties, by conversation or otherwise.
- No person will be allowed to act as a judge in any class in which he is an exhibitor.