We are on pause for a year. The competition information for our past year is online to give you an idea of what will likely be similar the 2021 classes and sections. Use this to get ready for next time. New Competitions and Contests information will be online in the new year.
Homecraft Division Rules
*PLEASE KEEP THIS PRIZE LIST. NO OTHER WILL BE
SENT THIS YEAR. THIS IS OUR COMPLETE LIST.
- 1. NOTE THIS YEAR – There will be NO Exhibitor’s fee in any class.
EVERY EXHIBITOR will pay admission at the gates.
- All entries must be arranged for judging Thursday, September 12th, between 7:00 – 9:00 PM, and between 8:00 -11:30 AM, Friday, September 13th. Hall will be closed at 11:30 AM. Judging commences at 12:30 PM. Exhibitors are responsible for their entries being placed in the right class prior to judging.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE EXHIBITOR. THE SAME EXHIBIT MAY BE SHOWN ONLY TWICE BEFORE BEING DISQUALIFIED.
- Exhibitors are allowed only one entry in each section.
- Men and women exhibitors are welcome in all classes, unless specified.
- All soiled, defaced or old work will not be judged or displayed. If entries are not worthy of a prize, no prize will be given. The judge’s decision will be final.
- No exhibits may be removed from the hall until 5:00 PM on Saturday, September 14, 2019.
- THE DIRECTORS OR SOCIETY WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR GOODS BROKEN OR LOST, but will render every possible assistance toward recovery.
- New Exhibitor is anyone who has not shown in 2017 or 2018. MARK YOUR TAG “NEW EXHIBITOR” ON THE FRONT.
- Please note special rules of each class.
- “Homecraft Award” will be awarded to the Exhibitor accumulating the highest number of points in the following sections of the Homecraft Division: Plants & Flowers, Culinary Arts, Bottled Goods, Needlecraft, Handcrafts, Photography and Art. The Exhibitor must have won a prize in at least two different classes. Points accumulated in Seniors, Juniors, Special Needs, Antiques and Vegetables do not count toward the trophy.
- PLACING IN SPECIALS DOES NOT COUNT IN THE POINT SYSTEM. Point system used to decide winners will be: First – 3 points; second – 2 points; and third – 1 point.
- An Organization or Society may exhibit by obtaining an Exhibitor Number, filling in the Entry Form and signing the Hold Harmless Agreement.
- For more information, entry tickets or an entry form please go to the local library.
- EXHIBITORS WINNING ANY SPECIALS ARE TO PICK THE PRIZE UP FROM THE CONVENOR, ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14th FROM 5:00 -6:00 PM, or from the Fair Office on Sunday, September 15th from 10am-noon.
- Should it be necessary, the Beeton & District Agricultural Society reserves the right to substitute a prize for another of approximately the same value. Any inquiries regarding sponsor prizes should be directed to the President.
Homecraft Division Judging Standards
Foods (Baked Goods)
25 General Appearance
25 Design, Colour and Materials
50 Workmanship judged from outside of garment
25 Workmanship judged from inside of garment
25 General Appearance & Design
20 General Appearance
25 Power to Attract and Hold Attention
15 Quality of Materials
15 General Appearance
15 Creative Design
20 Colour and Materials