2023 Homecraft Division Rules
- There will be NO exhibitor’s fee in any EVERY EXHIBITOR will pay admission at the gate.
- All entries must be arranged for judging Thursday, September 14, between 7:00 – 9:00 pm, and between 8:00 – 11:30 am, Friday, September Hall will be closed at 11:30 am. Judging commences at 12:30 pm. Exhibitors are responsible for their entries being placed in the right class prior to judging.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST BE THE WORK OF THE THE SAME EXHIBIT MAY BE SHOWN ONLY TWICE BEFORE BEING DISQUALIFIED.
- Exhibitors are allowed only one entry in each section.
- Men and women exhibitors are welcome in all classes, unless specified.
- All soiled, defaced or old work will not be judged or If entries are not worthy of a prize, no prize will be given. The judge’s decision will be final.
- No exhibits may be removed from the hall until 5:00 pm on Saturday, September 16, 2023.
- THE DIRECTORS OR SOCIETY WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR GOODS BROKEN OR LOST, but will render every possible assistance toward recovery.
- New Exhibitor is anyone who has not shown in 2019 or 2022. Mark your tag “NEW EXHIBITOR” on the front.
- Please notes special rules of each class.
- “Homecraft Award” will be awarded to the exhibitor accumulating the highest number of points in the following sections of Homecraft Division: Plants & Flowers, Culinary Arts, Bottled Goods, Needlecraft, Handcrafts, Photography and The exhibitor must have won a prize in at least two different classes. Points accumulated in Seniors, Juniors, Special Needs, Antiques and Vegetables do not count towards the trophy.
- PLACING IN SPECIALS DOES NOT COUNT IN THE POINT SYSTEM. Point system used to decide winners will be: First – 3 points; second – 2 points; third – 1 point.
- An Organization or Society may exhibit by obtaining an exhibitor number, filling in the entry form and signing the Hold Harmless
- For more information, entry tickets or an entry form, please go to the local library.
- EXHIBITORS WINNING ANY SPECIALS ARE TO PICK UP THE PRIZE FROM THE CONVENOR, ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, FROM 5:00 – 6:00 PM, or from the fair office on Sunday, September 17, from 10:00 am – noon. The fair office is located in the Kate Aitken Building.
- Should it be necessary, the Beeton & District Agricultural Society reserves the right to substitute a prize for another of approximately the same Any Inquiries regarding sponsor prizes should be directed to the President.
Foods (Baked Goods)
25 General appearance
25 Design, colour, material
50 Workmanship judged from outside the garment
25 Workmanship judged fom inside the garment
25 General appearance & design
20 General appearance
25 Power to attract and hold attention
15 Quality of materials
15 General appearance
15 Creative design
20 Colour and materials