Convenor: Elsie Newbigging 905-775-3810
- All exhibits must be handmade and the work of Exhibitor.
- All needlework must include a swatch of fabric, yarn or floss used in the entry. IF NOT INCLUDED, ITEM WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- All articles may be shown only twice before being disqualified.
- Judge’s decision is final.
- Judges will be instructed by the Directors to disqualify all soiled, defaced or old work.
- In case of no competition, the prize will be withheld unless the exhibit is worthy.
- New Exhibitor or anyone who did not show in Class 29 in 2017 or 2018 mark “New Exhibitor” on the front of entry tag.
- All other rules or Homecraft Division will apply.
PRIZES FOR SECTIONS 1-36: 1ST: $5.00. 2ND: $4.00. 3RD: $3.00
Attach a swatch of fabric, unless otherwise stated in this section.
- Quilted cushion
- Ladies small purse
- Jacket, any technique
- Vest – men’s, ladies or child’s
- Barbie Doll Dress in outfit, any medium
- Exhibitor with most points, Section 1-7: Prize: $15.00.
REMEMBER – INCLUDE A SWATCH OF FABRIC, YARN OR FLOSS USED IN THE ENTRY. PLUS A LABEL FROM THE YARN OR FLOSS USED.
- Headgear and mitts, or scarf and mitts
- Child’s sweater, size 6 years or under
- Child’s sweater, 6 years to 12 years
- Baby’s sweater and bonnet set
- Cape, adult size
- Adult cardigan
- Slippers – child, ladie’s or men’s
- Baby’s blanket (no buttons or ribbons)
- Doily, up to 12”, mounted
- Pet Apparel
- Tablecloth, any size
- Knitted or crocheted dishcloth
- Tea cozy displayed on a tea pot
- Crocheted Afghan, approx 48” x 68”
- Exhibitor with most points, Sections 9-22. Prize: $15.00.
- Embroidered pillowcases, one pair
- One quilt block, named and mounted
- Article of counted cross-stitch, not a picture
- Counted cross stitch picture
- One pair of Guest Towels with counted Cross-Stitch desgn
- Shopping Bag
- Cushion, any technique, not quilted
- Casserole Carrier with Dish
- Quilted Table runner – Hand Quilted
- Quilted table runner – Machine Quilted, No Long Arm
- Quilted wallhanging, with hanging sleeve
- Wallhanging, any technique, no quilted material used
- Any item of Pet Apparel, Not Knitted or Crocheted
- Exhibitor with most points, Section 24-37. Prize: $15.00.
- All quilts must be double bed size, at least 72” x 90”, unless otherwise stated.
- All quilts must be hand-quilted, unless otherwise specified.
- If possible, label quilt with name of design for spectator benefit.
- Remember: Quilts must include some swatches of fabric used in your entry.
- Lap Quilt, minimum size 36’ x 45” no more than 48” x 66”
- “MY FIRST QUILT” handmade by exhibitor. Any size or technique. Clean old work accepted, no swatch necessary.
- Quilt Top Only
- Quilt, pieced, hand quilted, min of 72” x 90”
- Bed quilt, machine quilted min. of 72” x 90”
- Crib Quilt, any theme, any size, any technique, finished panels are accepted
- Any other Quilted item
- Quilt, any bed size, Quilt and quilting to be done by one person using Long Arm Quality machine
- Quilted Wall Hanging with sleeve, own design, any size and technique
- Miniature quilt, no larger than 2’ x 26”
- “Judith Smith Memorial Grand Champion Quilt” – Best quilt chosen from sections 42-43. Quilt will be entered in District 5 of Ontario Association of Agriculture Societies (OAAS) quilt competition later this fall. Prize: Grand Champion Rosette, plus $50.00 donated by COUNTRY CONCESSIONS in memory of Judy Smith and her quilting expertise. (See NOTE regarding OAAS Grand Quilt Competition).
- Reserve Champion Quilt from sections 42-43. Prize: Reserve Champion Rosette, plus $25.00 gift certificate donated by Bee Sew Busy, Beeton.
- New Exhibitor (anyone who did not show in Class 29 in 2017 or 2018) with most points. Prize: $10.00, donated by THE BEETON AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY.
- Exhibitor with most points in Class 29, excluding specials. Prize: gift, donated by Tottenham Pharmasave and $10.00, donated byTHE BEETON AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY.
Ontario Association Of Agricultural Societies
For a full list of O.A.A.S. Rules and Regulations
please visit www.ontariofairs.ca
ONTARIO ASSOCIATION OF AGRICULTURAL SOCIETIES ANNUAL CHAMPIONSHIP QUILT COMPETITION
O.A.A.S. GENERAL CONDITIONS ELIGIBILITY, RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Local Fair is entitled to send only the Grand Champion Quilt, judged the Best of Show in all Classes. – OR – If any entry wins Grand Champion or Best of Show of all classes at more than one Fair, the other Fairs at which this item was entered and won, should enter their RESERVE CHAMPION or Second Best in Show of all Classes quilt in the District Competition. NOTE: If an Exhibitor wins Grand Champion or Best of Show in all Classes at other than his/her own fair, or at more than one Fair, the Exhibitor must consider the Agricultural Society nearest his/her home address as the one from which the quilt will be sent to the District Meeting.
- An Exhibitor who wins more than one Best of Show title with a different quilt at different Fairs shall be entitled to enter each winning quilt to compete at the District Competition.
- Local Homecraft Divisions are requested to judge a Grand Champion or Second Best of Show in all Classes. The Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion are judged from all first and second prize quilts.
ANNUAL MACHINE-QUILTED QUILT/WALL HANGING COMPETITION
Eligibility, Rules, Regulations and General Conditions
- Quilts must be solely made and machine quilted by an individual and exhibited and judged at a local Ontario Association
- of Agricultural Societies (OAAS) Fair to be eligible for this competition.
- Quilts/Wall Hangings to be measured on the perimeter. Total perimeter measurement to be a minimum of 192 inches or 480 cm. Smaller quilts will not be eligible to proceed to the next levels of competition.
- Judging will occur at local fairs and district levels (October 2019). A Provincial Grand Champion Quilt/Wall Hanging will be selected at the Annual Convention of OAAS, (February 2020).
- The winning OAAS Champion Handmade Quilt/Wall Hanging will not be eligible to compete in any future District and/or Conven- tion OAAS Provincial competition.
- The winner’s name will be displayed on a sign provided by the OAAS.
- Upon making entry into the OAAS Quilt competition, the exhibitor agrees to participate in any promotional activities related to the competition.
- Quilts/Wall Hangings must have visible machine quilting.
Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies
- Each local fair is entitled to send only one Grand Champion Ma- chine-Quilted Quilt/Wall Hanging, judged best of show of all eligible machine quilted Quilt/Wall Hangings to the District Competition OR If any entry wins Grand Champion or Best of Show of all eligible Machine-Quilted Quilts/Wall Hangings at more than one Fair, the other Fairs at which this item was entered and won, should enter their Reserve Champion or Second Best of Show of eligible Machine-Quilted Quilt/Wall Hanging in the District Competition. NOTE: If an Exhibitor wins Grand Champion or Best of Show of all eligible Machine-Quilted classes at other than his/her own fair, or at more than one Fair, the Exhibitor must consider the Agricultural Society nearest his/her home address as the one from which the Quilt/Wall Hanging will be sent to the District competition.
- An Exhibitor who wins more than one Best of Show title with a different machine quilted Quilt/Wall Hanging at different Fairs shall be entitled to enter each winning Quilt/Wall Hanging to compete at the District Competition.
- Local Homecraft Divisions are requested to judge a Grand Champion or Best of Show of all eligible Machine-Quilted Quilt/ Wall Hanging as well as a Reserve Champion or Second Best of Show of eligible Machine-Quilted Quilt/Wall Hanging.
The Grand Champion and the Reserve Grand Champion are judged from all first and second prize ELIGIBLE machine quilted Quilts/Wall Hangings.