Convenor: Roxena Postill 905-729-4594
PLEASE READ RULES CAREFULLY AND ADHERE TO, OR BE DISQUALIFIED BY THE JUDGE. ONLY YELLOW ENTRY TAGS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS CLASS.
- Open to Exhibitors under 16 years of age. Juniors 7 years of age and under, Youth 8 years of age and older. Exhibitor form must be submitted. Please use a Yellow Entry Tag and please put age on entry tag.
- All needlework must include a swatch of fabric, yarn or floss used in the entry.
- New Exhibitor or anyone who did not show in “Junior Class” in 2017 or 2018, mark tag “New Exhibitor” on the front.
- All other rules of Homecraft Division apply.
JUNIOR/YOUTH BAKING IS NOW IN CULINARY CLASS 27
Arts & Crafts Section
JUNIOR 7 YEARS OLD AND UNDER
PRIZES FOR JUNIOR SECTION 1-6: 1ST: $4.00. 2ND: $3.00. 3RD: $2.00.
- Paper Mache Mask
- Design your own “Do Not Disturb” sign for your bedroom door
- Bird House, decorative, any material
- Animal made of Marshmallows
- Friendship Bracelets
- Decorative Flower Pot in the Bees and Honey theme
YOUTH 8 YEARS OLD AND OLDER
PRIZES FOR YOUTH SECTION 7-11: 1ST: $4.00. 2ND: $3.00.3RD: $2.00.
- Hobby Craft from a kit (your choice)
- Windchime, any material, handmade
- Design a calendar page for the month of September, 2019
- Origami Characters
- Decorated pair of Jean Shorts, any theme
PRIZES: $3.00; $2.00; $1.00; $0.75; $0.50.
Note: Tie all tags on flowers exhibited. Incor
rect number of
blooms in all sections will be disqualified. Buds showing colour
are considered as a bloom.
- Asters – 5 blooms
- Cosmos – 1 spray
- Marigolds – 5 small blooms
- Petunias – 5 blooms, single
- Brown-eyed Susans, 5 blooms
- Snapdragons, 3 stems
- Rose – 1 bloom
- Best sunflower head – small – no larger than 8” diameter including the petals
- Floating rose in your choice of container
- Flower arrangement – in a mug using real flowers
- Zinnias – 5 Blooms
- Mums – 5 blooms
- Best sunflower head – large – larger than 8” diameter including petals
- Sweet Peas – A collection of sweet peas in any container
- Largest pumpkin
- Best 5 beets, table
- Best 5 carrots
- Corn – ornamental, Indian, 2 cobs
- Best 5 potatoes, round, red
- Best 5 potatoes, round, white
- Best 5 Beefsteak tomatoes
- Best 5 medium size tomatoes
- Best 5 small size tomatoes, (such as Tiny Tim)
- 2 different gourds
- Squash, one, any variety
- Best 5 cooking onions, do not peel
- Zucchini, under 10”
- Zucchini, over 10”
- 2 cucumbers, any variety
- Herbs – 3 varieties in acontainer, named
- “One (1) each of three (3) different vegetables on a plate”. Prizes: 1st – $3.00; 2nd – $2.50; 3rd – $2.00; 4th – $1.50; 5th – $1.00, donated by BEETON HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY.
- Exhibitor with the most points in Class 32. Prize: $10.00, donated by THE BEETON AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY.
- New Exhibitor (anyone who did not show in this class in 2017 or 2018) with most points. Prize: $10.00, donated by THE BEETON AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY.