Convenor:Janice Preiss 905-729-3198
- All exhibits must be handmade and the work of the exhibitor.
- All articles shown two years previous are not eligible for a prize.
- Judge’s decision is final.
- Judges will be instructed by the directors to discard all soiled or old work.
- Exhibitors are allowed only one entry in each section.
- New Exhibitors or anyone who did not show in 2017 or 2018 please mark your tag “New Exhibitor” on the front.
- Amateurs only.
- All other rules of Homecraft Division apply.
- All knitted and crocheted items MUST have a swatch of yarn attached. *If not included, item will be disqualified.
PRIZES FOR SECTIONS 1-33: 1ST: $4.00. 2ND: $3.00. 3RD: $2.00
- An accessory for your pet
- 1 bookmark, any medium
- 1 bazaar article cost $10 or less to make, fabric or other material
- Bazaar article cost of $10 or more
- Item made with burlap
- Wine bottle carrier
- Art design, made with paper scraps
- Hand painted denim item
- 1 article of jewellery, a pair of earrings considered 1 piece
- Article of stained glass
- Basket with 5 handmade items suitable for house warming
- Item made from recylcled materials or items
- 1 card for any occasion, handmade
- Handmade bulletin board, made with fabric, wood, etc.
- Adult Coloring page – mounted with border
- 1 article of decorative stamping
- Placemats, set of 2
- Handcrafted animal – any medium
- Handmade purse
- Painted Mason Jar
- Unique or unusual handcraft
- Article made of pottery or clay
- 1 scrapbooking page: special occasion – e.g. 1st birthday, 40th etc.
- 1 scrapbooking page of vacation memories
- Item made with bottle corks
- Table topper or runner
- Wreath, ready to hang
- 1 tree ornament, ready to hang, any material
- Christmas Tree topper
- Woodcraft, functional, e.g. tape holder, cutting board
- Useful Birdhouse or Feeder
- Wood Carving, not to exceed 24”L x 24”W x 18”H
- Any item not listed in above categories
- Best of Show, section 1-33.Prize: $20 donated by BEETON AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY.
- Bernardin SNAP Lid® / Mason Jar Creative Craft Award: Best decorative or functional homemade craft made using a Bernardin mason jar(s). Prize is $20 Gift Certificate plus Rosette prize ribbon.
- Duct Tape Fall Fair item “Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice”. (80% of the entry must be duct tape. Prize 1st: $10, 2nd: $5, 3rd: $3
- Any item, any medium incorporating the theme “Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice” Prize: 1st: $10, 2nd: $5, 3rd: $3
- New Exhibitor (anyone who did not show in Class 30 in 2017 or 2018) with most points. Prize: Certificate, donated by BEETON DISTRICT AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY.
40 – Duct Tape Competition
When you go to the Hardware, do you reach for the DUCT TAPE? When something breaks, do you reach for the DUCT TAPE?
Then you need to enter THE DUCT TAPE COMPETITION!
- 80% of entry must be duct tape
- Use any type or colour of duct tape
- Make your entry as small or large as you want
- Age Groups 1. Children up to 12 years 2. Adult, 13 years & older Prize per age group – 1st: $10, 2nd: $5, 3rd: $3
- No exhibits may be removed from the arena until 5:00 pm on Saturday, September 14, 2019.
Class 30 – Section: 41
For kids 16 years and younger
Please mark age on entry tag
Create a farm scene including people and/or animals (don’t need to be Lego) if you like.
Build a backdrop within a shoe box (scenery may be non-Lego, paint, paper, twigs etc.).
Must use at least 150 Lego pieces.
Prize: One pass for admission to Legoland
- All entries must be of original design and must not be created from a kit pattern.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted in a box strong enough to support them and no larger than a shoe box. Entries will be on display in the arena and may be picked up on Saturday at 5 p.m.