2022 BOTTLED GOODS CLASS 28
CONVENOR: JODIE JAMES 705-790-0817
- All entry tickets must be attached to the jars (not to the lids) elastic bands preferred
- Entries may be shown in an appropriate sized jar, but there are no size restrictions.
- Omit using paraffin or saran. Please use new lids.
- All entries will be disqualified unless properly sealed.
- New Exhibitor or anyone who did not show in Class 28 in 2018 or 2019, mark tag “New Exhibitor” on the front.
- All entries must be labeled with product name and date of preparation.
- Must have been prepared within one year of judging date.
- All other rules of Homecraft Division apply.
PRIZES FOR SECTIONS 1-17: 1ST: $4.00. 2ND: $3.00. 3RD: $2.00
SECTION – JAM & JELLIES
- Strawberry freezer jam
- Strawberry jam
- Raspberry jam
- Blueberry jam
- Red pepper jelly
- Marmalade of your choice
- Sweet Jam of your choice, not listed above (named)
- Sweet Jelly of your choice, not listed above (named)
- Savory Jam or Jelly of choice (named)
SECTION – PICKLES & PRESERVES
- Pickles, dill
- Pickled beets
- Chili sauce
- Relish of your choice
- Pickled vegetable or fruit of your choice, not listed above (named)
- Preserved fruit of your choice
- Salsa, mild
- Pickles – Bread and Butter
- Gift Basket – Must contain a collection of Jam, Relish, Salsa or Jelly in Bernardin mason jars & SNAP Lid® along with appropriate gifts (Cracker, Biscuit Mix, Tea etc.) Not to exceed $20.00 value. Judges select winner based on creativity, quality of home canned product, perceived value & appropriateness of presentation Rosette prize ribbon. $20 Prize Donated by RON LISK CULVERTS & $20 Gift Certificate plus donated by BERNARDIN.
- BERNARDIN Best of Show Award – Selected from all regular categories.- 1st prize $30.00 Gift Certificate plus Rosette Prize Ribbon.
- BERNARDIN JAM/JELLY AWARD – Selected from all Jam/ Jelly categories. 1st prize $20.00 Gift Certificate plus Rosette Prize Ribbon
- New exhibitor (anyone who did not show in class 28 in 2018 or 2019) with most points. Prize donated by Alison Preiss.
- Exhibitor with most points in Class 28. Prize $15.00, donated by Beeton Agricultural Society
CLASS 28 – SECTION: NEW COUNTRY PRO
RULES – Maple Syrup is to be in a small mason jar (1) less properly tagged. Exhibitor is responsible for putting the Maple Syrup in the proper category.
PRIZES FOR SECTION 23-25: 1ST: $5.00. 2ND: $4.00. 3RD: $3.00. Donated by THE BEETON & DISTRICT AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY
- Maple Syrup – light
- Maple Syrup – dark (amber)
- 3 pieces maple sugar, candy or product
RULES – All Honey is to bed in a small mason jar (1) pint or less properly tagged. Please include variety or source where possible. Exhibitor is responsible for putting Honey in the proper category.
PRIZES FOR SECTION 26-29: 1ST: $6.00. 2ND: $4.00. 3RD: $3.00. Donated by THE BEETON & DISTRICT AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY
- Canada No. 1 -Liquid Light Honey
- Canada 1 -Liquid Golden Honey
- Canada 1 -Liquid Amber Honey
- Comb Honey- 1 piece, appropriately displayed
RULES – in Egg Class, judge will open 1 egg. All eggs must be clean, without obvious blemishes or cracks. Exhibitors may not enter more than one type of the same variety and colour.
PRIZES FOR SECTION 30-34: 1ST: $4.00. 2ND: $3.00. 3RD: $2.00.
Donated by THE BEETON & DISTRICT AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY
- 1 dozen brown eggs in a carton, show name of breed on entry tag
- 1 dozen white eggs in a carton, show name of breed on entry tag
- Largest chicken egg, display in egg cup
- Smallest chicken egg, display in egg cup
- Any egg other than chicken