Convenor: Alison Preiss 647-668-2191
- All entry tickets must be attached to jars (not to the lids) -elastic bands preferred
- Entries may be shown in an appropriate sized jar, but there are no size restrictions.
- Omit using paraffin or saran. Please use new lids.
- All entries will be disqualified unless properly sealed.
- New Exhibitor or anyone who did not show in Class 28 in 2017 or 2018, mark tag “New Exhibitor” on the front.
- All entries must be labeled with product name and date of preparation.
- Must have been prepared within one year of judging date.
- All other rules of Homecraft Division apply.
PRIZES FOR SECTIONS 1-17: 1ST: $4.00. 2ND: $3.00. 3RD: $2.00
Jam and Jellies Section
- Strawberry freezer jam
- Strawberry jam
- Raspberry jam
- Blueberry jam
- Red pepper jelly
- Marmelade of your choice
- Sweet Jam of your choice, not listed above (named)
- Sweet Jelly of your choice, not listed above (named)
- Savory Jam or Jelly of choice (named)
Pickles & Preserves Section
- Pickles, dill
- Pickled beets
- Chili sauce
- Relish of your choice
- Pickled vegetable or fruit of your choice, not listed above (named)
- Preserved fruit of your choice
- Salsa, mild
- Pickles – Bread and Butter
- Gift Basket – Must contain a collection of Jam, Relish, Salsa or Jelly in Bernardin mason jars & SNAP Lid® along with appropriate gifts (Cracker, Biscuit Mix, Tea etc.) Not to exceed $20.00 value. Judges select winner based on creativity, quality of home canned product, perceived value & appropriateness of presentation. $20 Prize Do- nated by RON LISK CULVERTS & $20 Gift Certificate plus Rosette prize ribbon donated by BERNARDIN.
- BERNARDIN Best of Show Award – Selected from all regular categories.- 1st prize $30.00 Gift Certificate plus Rosette Prize Ribbon.
- BERNARDIN JAM/JELLY AWARD – Selected from all Jam/ Jelly categories. 1st prize $20.00 Gift Certificate plus Rosette Prize Ribbon
- New exhibitor (anyone who did not show in class 28 in 2017 or 2018) with most points. Prize donated by Alison Preiss.
- Exhibitor with most points in Class 28. Prize $15.00, donated by Beeton Agricultural Society
Class 28 – Section: New Country Pro
• Maple Syrup is to be in a small mason jar (1) pint or
less, properly tagged. Exhibitor is responsible for putting Maple Syrup in proper category.
PRIZES FOR SECTION 23-25: 1ST: $5.00. 2ND: $4.00. 3RD: $3.00. Donated by THE BEETON & DISTRICT AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY
- Maple Syrup – light
- Maple Syrup – dark (amber)
- 3 pieces maple sugar, candy or product
All honey is to be in a small mason jar (1) pint or less, properly tagged. Please include variety or source where possible.
Exhibitor is responsible for putting honey in proper category.
PRIZES FOR SECTION 26-29: 1ST: $6.00. 2ND: $4.00. 3RD: $3.00. Donated by THE BEETON & DISTRICT AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY
- Canada No. 1 -Liquid Light Honey
- Canada No. 1 -Liquid Golden Honey
- Canada No. 1 -Liquid Amber Honey
- Comb Honey- 1 piece, appropriately displayed
In egg Classes, judge will open 1 egg.
All eggs must be clean and without obvious blemishes or cracks. Exhibitors may not enter more than one type of the same variety and color.
PRIZES FOR SECTION 30-34: 1ST: $4.00. 2ND: $3.00. 3RD: $2.00. Donated by THE BEETON & DISTRICT AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY
- 1 dozen brown eggs in a carton, show name of breed on entry tag
- 1 dozen white eggs in a carton, show name of breed on entry tag
- Largest chicken egg, display in egg cup
- Smallest chicken egg, display in egg cup
- Any egg other than chicken